Through homeschooling, we are given the gift of time to teach the 4 basics: reading, writing, arithmetic, AND relationships. We have the freedom and flexibility to focus on building and restoring relationships and we have the freedom and flexibility to learning reading, writing and arithmetic in ways that make sense to our child and at our child’s pace.
Make sure you listen to last week’s CWC Carrie. I share the blessings of building 3 relationships while homeschooling our children:
- Relationship with God and helping our children build their relationships with God
- Relationships with our children and with our spouse
- Relationships with siblings
In this week’s CWC Part 2 Podcast, I share simple ways to focus on the basics and simple ways to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic to all ages. As promised, the resources mentioned in this week’s podcast are listed below.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN HOMESCHOOL BASICS: THE 4 R’S (PART 2)
- Five in a Row (FIAR) Curriculum
- All About Reading and All About Spelling Programs
- Phonics Pathways by Dolores Hiskes
- Better Late Than Early by Dr. Raymond Moore
- Tell Me a Story Booklet adapted by Jan McGrath
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) Program
- The Paragraph Book (Vol 1, 2, 3, and 4 ) by Tucker