Math phobic? Math stressed? Behind in Math? Need a new approach to Math this year?
The easiest way to make math more meaningful and fun is to do the following:
- Change your math mindset and attitude
- Change your math expectations
- Readjust your math schedule
- Change the way you teach math
- Incorporate more real life lessons, hands on manipulative, and math picture books and
- Use games as much as possible.
In this week’s Coffee With Carrie Homeschool Podcast Episode #90: “Make Math Meaningful (& FUN),” I go into detail and give ideas on how to change your mindset, schedule, and methods and how to incorporate more games, picture books, and real-life lessons.
Listed below are resources mentioned in the episode and some of my other favorite math resources.
Sir Cumference Series by Cindy Neushwander
Pigs Will Be Pigs by Amy Axelrod
Count Your Way Around the World Series by Jim Haskins
Math Games and Activities from Around the World by Claudia Zaslavsk
Math Art Projects and Activities by Carolyn Ford Brunetto
Sequence Addition Game
Tensies Dice Game
Totally Tut Multiplication (and order of operations) Game
24 Card Game
Swamp Sum Game
Monopoly (any version)